Saturday 13 October 2012

Emin International

Last night there was a reading and book signing at Emin International by Tracey Emin. She read from My Life in a Column, Strangeland, and also some newer text that she wrote in 2011 for a new book she is working on. Her new material was definitely a lot darker than before, but she assured us that the intentions were positive. I had bought my copy of My Life in a Column at Selfridges at the book launch and signing a while back. The first 100 buyers were able to have their books signed - but unfortunately I was number 101! So I got this, and my copy of Strangeland signed. I think of Tracey as a bit of a celebrity, so it was surreal to actually meet her. She was definitely in charge last night, she organised people into an orderly fashion, made it clear she's take our balls if she heard a cell phone, and protested a viewer tapping on the window from the outside by stopping her recital, turning around and tapping back at them aggressively - love it! - please check out the store and grab yourself some official Emin branded swag :).




Followers